2009年12月20日 星期日

My favorite meal


One of my favorite meals is Mopo Tofu, a traditional Chinese dish that is popular in China, Sichuan. Although I was too young to remember the accurate time I firstly ate it, the extremely enjoyable feeling of my senses and the desire of wanting more left me an unforgettable memory.


When I was about nine, my parents took me to a local Chinese restaurant for dinner because of my losing appetite. I looked at the menu, not knowing which to choose from. Then, I ordered the Mopo Tofu blindly. After other meals were serving, the Mopo Tofu came. Excitedly and expectantly, its smell firstly ran into my nostrils which was spicy. As it was placed on the table, how superb is was that I couldn’t describe, but I could only tell you that it was mainly composed of tofu, ground pork and chilies, and they were all lay in the pool of scarlet sauce in seething. Therefore, all my nerves were stimulated by its smells, color and the sound of boiling and I couldn’t help tasting it. I used a spoon to take some and put into my mouth, without chewing but allowing them slipping through from my throat to stomach.


The instant I ate, I felt hot and spicy in my mouth. Then, I felt my blood was boiling, too. The very next minute, my brain was aroused from dozing and I didn’t stop eating that Mopo Tofu until it was finished. Besides, I also ate a great amount of rice. To my parents’ surprise, I was so full and satisfied. Thus, since then, my mom never fails to cook Mopo Tofu almost every week. In brief, Mopo Tofu is indeed famous with many people around the world. For me, I am substantially happy that there is a meal I enjoy in my life.

沒有留言:

張貼留言