2012年3月3日 星期六

About CALL course

CALL, standing for Computer-Assisted Language Learning is getting popular recently with the huge progress of technology. And, many related concepts or ideas just pop out without noticing, such as web 2.0. As a teacher, I think I need to catch up with this trend; otherwise, I will be eliminated in this high competitive society.


In this course, I am glad that I will have chances to learn many useful computer skills, such as blog, wiki spaces and video stuffs. Besides, I will also learn how to perfectly applied those skills into real teaching environment, which I believe it is the ultimate goal; that is, to teach. What’s more, under professor’s instruction, I am going to gain valuable knowledge of many new-popped out concepts or ideas, and even better, I will have my own teaching materials websites, making me so excited that I listen to lectures attentively in the class. And, all of those class activities are going to be done by myself, which I think it is always better for students to learn things by actually doing them rather than listening to lessons or having tests.


In short, CALL teaching is what takes people’s daily lives by a storm now and what will change the way we have our educations in the future. With no doubt, I need to learn it, and maybe because I have such kind of knowledge background, I will possibly invent an on-line game to teach English.

沒有留言:

張貼留言